What do I need to bring with me?
You MUST come to the salon without any eye makeup, eyeliner, eye-shadow or false lashes. If you wear contact lenses please bring you contact lens case as you cannot have them in during the treatment.
What do you use to adhere the extensions?
The lashes are adhered by medical grade glue which is safe and long lasting.
How long will the procedure take?
– The eyelash procedure takes 1.5-2 hrs to complete a full set.
– Before we start, we evaluate your natural lashes and review with you your desired outcome.
– Before and after photos are also taken prior to treatment.
How long do eyelash extensions last?
Eyelash extensions will last the term of the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes (approx. 3-5 weeks then a fill is required). To maintain your eyelash extensions length and beauty please follow the following tips listed below.
– Comb eyelashes with the eyelash comb provided. (2-3 times a day)
– Do not rub or pull at your lashes.
– Do not sleep face down.
– Do not use any products that contain oil (cleansers, foundation, eyeliner etc.)
– Do not use an eyelash curler. (This could cause premature shedding or could pull your lashes right out)
– Do not use mascara. The use of mascara makes it very hard for you lash tech during your fills as it causes the extensions and your natural lashes to stick together. ( If you absolutely must wear mascara do not bring the brush right to the base of your lashes. Just put the mascara on the tips of your lashes. Make sure the mascara is not waterproof and is oil free.)
What do I do 24-48 hrs after application?
– Ensure eyelash extensions remain completely dry.
– Avoid make-up, water, steam room or saunas.
– By doing so you are allowing the lashes efficient time to set.
What are Permanent Cosmetics?
Permanent cosmetics describe non-surgical procedures that use specialized tattooing methods. Colored pigments are implanted into the Dermis (middle layer) of the skin through microscopic injections with an extremely fine needle or cluster of needles. This process is also called Micropigmentation, Microdermal Pigmentation, Dermal Implantation, or Micropigment Implantation. Permanent Makeup is the term used to describe the cosmetic tattooing of facial features (eyebrows, eyelids, or lips) to improve color and shape.
Is a Cosmetic Tattooing procedure painful?
Due to the invasiveness of the process, some people may feel minor discomfort that varies according to their pain threshold and response to anesthetics. People describe what they feel in different ways such as “irritation”, “scratching”, “vibration”, or “a slight burning sensation.” Jennifer uses medical grade topical anesthetic creams and gels before and during all procedures to numb the area and minimize discomfort. Most of her patients remark that their procedure was “far more comfortable than I thought it would be.” Those with body art comment that the cosmetic tattooing is painless compared to traditional tattooing. Overall, people feel the benefits from the results far outweigh any brief discomfort they might have experienced during the process.
What will the final colour look like?
Permanent makeup colors should be selected to compliment a person’s skin tone, hair, and eye color. A conservative approach is best because it is easier to make an existing color darker versus lighter. Colors will always look darker and more intense immediately following a procedure, and then gradually lighten and soften upon healing.
How long do Permanent Cosmetics last?
The results are considered permanent because the tattooed color cannot be washed off. However, the color should be considered “semi-permanent” because some fading will occur over time. Color retention is affected by different factors including the shade of the original color, the person’s age and metabolism, skin type and condition, exposure to UV radiation (sun, tanning booths), smoking, certain drugs and medications, and skin peeling treatments such as Retin-A or microdermabrasion. In general, the color lasts from one to five years and can be enhanced and refreshed by a maintenance visit when needed (usually at a lower fee than the initial procedure when performed by the original artist).
What is a Touch-up appointment?
During the initial procedure (first application), the tattooed area(s) will be saturated with as much color as possible. Due to swelling, there may be some areas where the tissue will no longer allow pigment to be implanted. Those areas will show less color after healing and may need another visit to be filled-in (a touch-up). Because everyone’s tissue reaction is different, some clients will need a second visit while others will not. First, the tattooed area must heal before a refinement procedure can be performed. It is best to wait 4 to 8 weeks for complete tissue healing and color stabilization. Once the desired results are achieved, the client can keep the color looking fresh with a maintenance visit every few years.
Can I remove or change my Permanent Makeup?
The removal of permanent makeup is not an easy process, if at all possible. That is why it is important to select a qualified and experienced professional who has a conservative approach. During the initial application, a “less is more” philosophy works best. A lighter, more natural color can always be changed or supplemented later with conventional makeup. It can also be adjusted or darkened if necessary with another application at a second (touch-up) appointment.
What is the recovery period like?
Immediately following a procedure, there will be mild swelling, redness, or tenderness that lasts a few hours to a few days (eyebrows swell less than eyes and lips). There may also be slight bruising with lip procedures. The color looks much darker immediately afterward for any procedure. It will lighten a lot within 3 to 7 days and will continue to lighten over several weeks. During the first week ointments must be applied to the tattooed area for protection and to minimize scabbing. Most people are amazed at how “normal” they look immediately after and do not feel it is necessary to take time off of work.
Is a Cosmetic Tattooing procedure expensive?
Permanent cosmetics are affordable for most people, and the long term benefits make procedures fairly inexpensive. Other non-surgical procedures like Botox or fillers cost the same or more. But they may last for only three to twelve months while cosmetic tattooing lasts for years. The savings from not having to buy regular makeup products that are applied every day adds up quickly. Also, the convenience and time saved from not applying makeup every day are worth a lot, and the self-esteem that is restored by medical tattooing is priceless.
What is the recovery time?
Micro needling is a relatively easy treatment that requires very little downtime after the procedure. After treatment you can expect your skin to be slightly pink to red as you may experience minor bleeding throughout the treatment. Minor bruising is also a possibility depending on the depth of the needle during the procedure. ( In areas such as the chin, forehead and around eyes). With that being said the downtime for this treatment is relatively prompt and you can expect to have full recovery between 24 to 72 hours.
How many treatments will I require?
- Every clients amount of series needed will differ depending on their end goal.
- A series of 2 to 5 treatments is typically recommended spread out over 4 weeks.
- This allows the clients skin to fully heal in between sessions.
- Every client is different and results will vary.
- Because of your bodies own collagen production it can take 4-8 weeks before you start to see the benefits.
- 2-3 treatments for overall texture, smoothness and minimized more size
- Mild to moderate acne scars, fine lines or sun spots 3-4 sessions may be required.
- Deep scars and stretch marks may require 5-6 treatments.
How is micro-needling performed?
First we will thoroughly cleanse the skin and wipe with alcohol to ensure all makeup, oils and bacteria are removed. At this point we use our high frequency machine which helps blood circulation, product penetration, increased collagen and elastin production and eliminates toxins as well as acne causing bacteria. High frequency will also help aid In lymphatic drainage which is crucial with micro needling as failing to do so will cause fluid to build up.
A special cocktail will be created based on the clients concerns. Using our derma pen we will distribute our cocktail ( product) while the needles penetrate .5mm-2mm into the skin. These needles penetrate the skin leaving 10,000 minor punctures per square inch. This encourages cellular turnover and creates channels so the product can absorb deep into the epidermal layer.
The products are then thoroughly worked into the skin until fully absorbed. Clients then have the option for a HA-VitaminC infused mask which cools and calms the skin.
Who is eligible for micro needling?
Any skin type is welcome when it comes to needling. Unlike laser treatments Micro Needling (CIT) mechanically breaks up pigment and stimulates collagen formation rather than using heat.
You ARE eligible for micro-Needling if the following applies to you :
- Open pores
- Dry skin
- Dullness of the skin
- Rough or uneven skin texture
- Post surgical scars
- Scars from acne or chicken pox
- Lack of skin radiance
You are NOT eligible for micro-needling if the following applies to you:
- Eczema or Psoriasis
- Keloid or raised scars
- If you were taking blood pressure, blood thinning or heart medications
- Auto immune suppression
- Prescribed acne medications
- Active bacterial, viral or fungal infections
- Pustule or active acne
Benefits Of Micro-Needling
- Helps minimize poor size
- Encourages new cellular turnover without thinning the skin.
- Lighten hypo-pigmentation or sun damage.
- Minimizes the signs of aging (fine lines etc)
- Firm and tighten the skin
- Lighten or fade stretch marks
- Diminish scarring ( acne, chicken pox etc)
- Enhance overall texture and complexion.
What to expect after your service?
- Within the first 24 hours you may feel some discomfort.
- 48 hours after treatment the redness really subsides and you may start to experience peeling.
- Day 3-7 your epidermal layer will start to exfoliate.
- Keep applying your Hyaluronic Acid and natural moisturizers)
- Day 7-14 your cells will have regenerated and new collagen will have produced. Your skin will feel soft and supple. Your skin will still feel tight and lifted from muscle stimulation.
- For optimal results book your next session 4 weeks apart to ensure your skin has enough time to heal and regenerate between treatments.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is naturally produced within our bodies. It’s found in our connective tissue and the fluids within our eyes. Almost half of the total amount produced within our body is located in our skin, making it a crucial component of skin tissue. Hyaluronic Acid works incredibly well when added to your skin care regime as it retains moisture and creates a cushion to help plump the appearance of aging skin.
Still Have Questions?
Please use the form below to contact us directly.